Great Valley School Board
GVSD REGION 2 (East Whiteland/Malvern Borough)
Dave Barratt (incumbent)
Serving on the school board for the last 12 years has given me the experience to handle all of the challenges facing Great Valley. I bring a balanced approach to the board, assuring opposing views are heard and weighed in the decisions the board makes. As we continue down the path of building a new school building, my experiences will help assure an on-time and under-budget project. I look forward to ensuring the students of Great Valley continue to be challenged and the programs we offer adapt to the changing times.
GVSD REGION 3 (Willistown Township)
Tricia Bliven-Chasinoff (endorsed)
I have a long history of working with school administrators, teachers, and staff in support of student success. As a dedicated and experienced advocate for equality in education, I want to be a voice for all students and families, particularly for those who are vulnerable and/or underrepresented. It is important that, whenever possible, board decisions follow evidence-based best practices, and in doing so, it is important to facilitate clear and effective communication between the district and teachers, students, families, and the community. I am an experienced navigator of complex issues and am able to consider multiple and often competing perspectives.
Zeyn Uzman (endorsed)
As a long-time Malvern Borough resident, and local business owner on King Street, I’ve been proud to have served on Borough Council for 8 years. As mayor, I would like to continue the good work that current-mayor Dave Burton started, including supporting our local police department.
Amy Finkbiner (incumbent) (endorsed)
Good government starts here at home. A responsible, responsive local government can have a positive impact on our day-to-day lives. During my time on Borough Council and the Planning Commission, I have become known for considering all sides, doing thorough research, and treating everyone with respect. I pride myself on always making fair, responsible, fact-based decisions.
- It is critically important to support our business corridor as we (hopefully) begin to turn the corner on the COVID-19 pandemic.
- I want to consider regulation changes, new infrastructure, and creative ideas as part of the Urban Center Revitalization Plan we are currently developing.
- I am strongly committed to fiscal responsibility. We will need to work hard to balance our priorities in the next few years as we face rising costs for existing services, new obligations such as major stormwater improvements, and desired quality-of-life enhancements.
Marty Laney (incumbent) (endorsed)
Serving on Borough Council over the last four years has given me the experience to handle the unprecedented challenges facing our community. I was the chair of the Borough Council Finance Committee and served on the negotiating team for the police contract. I would like to continue to bring my many years of management experience in the planning and problem-solving process to assist my community in adapting to change.
Angela R Riccetti (endorsed)
I enjoy living in this community and wish to run for Borough Council to continue Malvern’s growth as an inclusive and diverse community. I have been active with civic engagement and community service in Malvern, most recently on the Parks and Rec Committee, and have been inspired to seek more opportunity for involvement.
- It is important to find a balance between new economic development and maintaining our Borough’s charm.
- We need to ensure that all of Malvern’s beautiful parks and wooded areas are preserved for future generations to enjoy.
- We should continue the restoration of the Borough’s historic homes and buildings.
- I will champion smart growth policies that welcome new residents without diminishing the quality of life for existing residents.
- I will work with the business community to promote our local businesses and other Borough amenities to increase downtown traffic and make Malvern a destination for residents and other communities in the region.
- I will take concrete steps to make the Borough more sustainable in terms of stormwater management, energy use and generation, and circulation.
Ken Flinchbaugh (endorsed)
I’ve lived in the township for the last 16 years and would like to make a contribution to the community.
Liz Tankel (endorsed)
We love Willistown! My family and I love it so much here that my husband commuted to Manhattan daily by train for about 20 years so that we did not have to move. My oldest son even bought a house on my street. This town is an integral part of our family and we are happy to call it home.
- I have experience serving on Willistown’s Environmental Advisory Committee.
- I want to be a part of Willistown’s leadership to ensure that the township works smoothly and efficiently for citizens.
- I am running because I love our township and I want to help it continue to be the best place to live.
Magisterial District Court
I believe there are precious few places in our country where the law and facts still matter and where each person is treated with equal dignity before the law. My courtroom will be one of those places where every person — regardless of their station in life — leaves feeling the judge was impartial, carefully considered all aspects of the case, and truly gave them a chance to be heard.
Electing impartial judges with broad legal experience and an ability to relate to people from various backgrounds is good public policy.
*The Willistown-Malvern Democrats wishes all candidates to have a fair chance to make their case for election. Before each primary election, posting of information on this web site or other Willistown-Malvern Democratic social media sites does not imply endorsement, support, or approval of any candidate. We do, though, indicate candidates’ status with regard to incumbency or endorsement by the Willistown-Malvern Dems, the Chester County Democrats or the PA Democratic Party. Candidates for each office are listed in alphabetical order by last name, except endorsed and incumbent candidates, who are listed first in their section. We are grateful to all who, by running for office, strengthen the process on which American democracy depends.